Tuesday 25 February 2014

APPLE, METHI SPROUTS PICKLE

I am a big fan of pickle.  The most liked one is vadu mangai with curd rice.  I always try my hand on pickle with vegetables or fruits or sprouts.   I have already made apple pickle.  Now I tried it with the methi sprouts  and apple which I had with me and it was awesome. It is very simple and easy to make.

You also enjoy making it and serve to your loved ones.

Apple methi sprouts pickle



Let us look at the recipe now:

Ingredients:

2 apples (the apple which I had was not sweet at all)
2 handful of methi sprouts
2 tbsp chilli powder (add more if you want it to be more spicy)
5-6 tsp oil
1 tsp mustard seeds
a pinch of asafoetida
salt
1/2 cup tamarind pulp
a lemon size jaggery
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
few curry leaves

Method:

Peel the apple, grate and put it in the tamarind pulp
heat oil in kadai
add  curry leaves, mustard seeds, when it splutters, add asafoetida
now add the methi sprouts and saute the same for few minutes.
now add the apple tamarind pulp,  and  cook same.
add the jaggery, salt and cook  till the tamarind pulp is completely dried up and the raw taste goes.  add the chilli powder, turmeric powder and mix well.  switch off gas, allow to cool.
serve with dal rice, curd rice, chapati, phulka

do post your comments if you like this.  thank you for visiting the blog.

Watch on youtube:    apple methi sprouts pickle 1    apple methi sprouts pickle 2

THANKS FOR VISITING THE BLOG.  YOUR SUGGESTIONS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME.

No comments:

Post a Comment